Get Advice

Our team is here to give you free, impartial advice

Our service is still extremely busy, please help us help more people by giving us as much information as possible about your query when you contact us. Additionally, if you are given an appointment that you cannot attend, please let us know as soon as possible so we can give your appointment to someone else.

If you have one of the following queries, please contact the numbers listed below as they are best placed to help you with your query:

  • If you have a query, but do not live or work in North Somerset, we are sorry but we are unable to help you. Instead, please use the Citizens Advice website to find your local office (see the orange box in the bottom right-hand corner of the page)
  • If you need a foodbank voucher, we are a voucher issuer within North Somerset. However, you can also go to the following issuing services: – North Somerset Council, Your GP, The Help Through Hardship helpline – 0808 208 2138 (open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays)
  • If you need help to start a new claim for Universal Credit, please contact the National Citizens Advice Help to Claim Team
  • If you have a consumer query, please contact the Consumer Helpline. You can also find lots of helpful information on our website, including letter templates
  • Household Support Fund – We can now process these requests for the county of North Somerset, with the exception of the Weston Town Council Wards. If you live outside the Weston Town Council area and are struggling with energy, please complete our online webform.
  • Welfare Provision Scheme – We do not process these requests, please contact North Somerset Council directly.

The easiest way to make a referral to us is through our Webform. Please ensure you have read the information detailed on this page before completing the form, to ensure you are getting the advice you need.


  • Adviceline – 0808 278 7973 open 9am-5pm from Monday to Friday (this is a national phone service delivered by local offices and national call centres) – If you are unable to speak or deaf/hard of hearing, you can type 18001 before the number and text your query.
  • Universal Credit Help to Claim – 0800 144 8 444


For our specialist Macmillan Cancer Support service, please email


If you are one of our referring partners and need further information about a referral you have put through, you can contact us on our dedicated email address



Write to us at the following address:

Citizens Advice North Somerset

39 Oxford Street


BS23 1TN

How we provide advice

Our Client Agreement explains what you can expect from us and what we expect from you when you get advice from us.

British Sign Language

You can book an appointment with a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter at any of our locations by email, text relay, or in person.

A series of BSL videos are available on benefits, debt, education, employment and how a Citizens Advice Bureau can help you.


You can find consumer advice online, but we also have a Citizens Advice Consumer Service which provides advice on issues around buying goods or services. This includes being treated unfairly by a trader, receiving a poor service or you may want to switch energy suppliers or cancel a contract.

Helpline –  0808 223 1133

Data Protection

Our phone and digital services comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

Find out how we store your data.